Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dance To The Beat Of My Drum!

I have wanted a pair of relaxed, slouchy leather shorts for a couple years now. The thing about leather shorts is that they are not really a classic. Or a wardrobe staple. Or all that affordable, really. So I improvised. I bought a pair of mean's leather jeans at Buffalo Exchange, and had them cut off into shorts.

Leather. Shorts.

And even though I find they don't photograph super well, I am pleased with the results.

Leather. Shorts.

I've worn them dressed up and down and I like them both ways. Silk blouses and Cure t-shirts. Works either way. And you KNOW how much I love leather, and this is just about the only way I can stand to work it into my life outside of shoes in the Texas summer heat.

Leather. Shorts.

The MAIN problem with these shorts is that I bought them maybe 8 pounds ago. 8 pounds is not a huge amount, but they did fit better when I weighed more. Not that I'm complaining. I'm actually back down to my goal weight, and I'm super pumped about it. And I like these shorts enough that if they get too too big, I'll do the same thing again!

Leather. Shorts.


(That's right. I've worked retail long enough to wear heels once or twice a week now!)

Silk Blouse, Buffalo Exchange
Leather shorts, from leather pants bought at Buffalo Exchange
Clogs, Target
Belt, GAP

18 comments:

LaShaune said...

I love the leather shorts. I think you could make them a wardrobe staple, since it's your personal style.

Congrats on meeting your goal weight, too! Woo hoo!!!

Destrehan's Daughter said...

You must have feet of iron. I couldn't even wear non-comfy brand shoes when I worked retail. The most heel I ever accomplished were 3 inch platforms in college. I love those shorts and I think you picked the perfect length.

Elissa said...

First of all, I am so damm happy to see a new post from you! I've missed you. Please don't go, girl.

I'm not sure I could ever rock the leather short without looking like a fool, but on you they look great. And I LOVE that you took a pair of pants and had them tailored - very inventive.

Also, goal weight? Pshaw. You've always looked wonderful. No matter the number on the scale.

A said...

I totally agree with Elissa, you looked great to me the whole time you said you were above your goal weight. I honestly could barely see a difference, and only because I was looking for one after you mentioned it. But yay, good for you!

Also, that blouse is amazing and this whole outfit is pretty much fantastic.

LOVE!XO

Unknown said...

It's amazing outfits like these that are so totally your unique style that makes me love your blog! Love these leather shorts!

And congrats on making your goal weight!! That is so awesome!!

Sabrina said...

I have been searching for a pair of leather shorts too... I have a leather maxi skirt that I was thinking having remade into shorts, but now I am thinking that it would work better with leather pants..

Love this outfit!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Very cool - I love the leather with that pretty silky top. Great mix.

XO
Lenore

The Suburb Experiment said...

Congratulations on making your goal weight! I think you always look fantastic. :)

I think the way you had the shorts tailored makes them a little more, uh, classic. It's a good length and they are so you!

Jenn

Rebecca said...

Those shorts look awesome on you!

[SMASH] said...

These are so fun! Would love to see them paired with a girly, flowered, flowy top!

Melissa said...

You look super gorgeous! I think a bright red one-shoulder or off-the-shoulder top would be awesome with those shorts for a night out.

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Tabitha said...

Your shorts are perfection. Smart to look in the men's section too. I've been trying to find the right pair of cutoffs or jeans to cutoff and part of me wants to resort to the men's section because they're roomier on the thighs.

Ms. Falcon said...

the silk blouse looks great with these oversized leather shorts. this look is very chic and layed back at the same time.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Very, very cool looking. They will look great with tights in the winter and are a great lenght for that too.

WendyB said...

Looks good! Makes me wonder if it's time for an update on my leather shorts posts!

Linda said...

I can see your thinness and I'm glad you are finally at a spot where you can be :).
You've waited long enough, enjoy your life and be well and happy!

Marie said...

That's brilliant. I love the cut of the shorts this way, and I have often disliked the ladies versions... perfect!


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
June giveaway

Shivam said...

nice post thanks for update s455 tax