Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Been A Long, Hot Summer And I'm Shaking Like A Cool Lemonade

(Beware! Pictures below may inspire bag envy!)

Last week we had a big week at the store. NARTS had a conference in town, and our store was one of their stops in Dallas. We had hundreds of resale, consignment and thrift store owners come and see us on Friday. In order to make sure we had coverage I picked up a shift on my day off. And I am so glad I did! It was SO MUCH FUN!

Shorter Romper

Our guests had lots of questions about how we do things at Buffalo Exchange and we were so happy to have the opportunity to show them around and answer questions. They were all inquisitive, and so kind and it was such an honor to get to host them at the store for a bit (by the busload!).

Shorter Romper

On Sunday, Kerstin Block stopped in to see us (she had come by Friday as well, but before my shift) and I got to meet her, which was really exciting. She was wonderful, and since I had a register shift I had the pleasure of ringing up her and her friends, who were all having such fun it was contagious.

Shorter Romper

It was a great couple of days and I am so glad that I was there to experience everything.

Shorter Romper

Romper, The Spice Rack
Sandals, Victoria's Secret
Belt, Target
Bag, Buffalo Exchange
Silver bangles, Buffalo Exchange
Claw Cuff, Moon Raven Designs

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bag is seriously rocking my face off. Oh and how the heck can I petition Buffalo exchange to open a shop up in Burlington? Because that would be awesome (not for my wallet but definitely for my closet!)

Anonymous said...

That bag is seriously rocking my face off. Oh and how the heck can I petition Buffalo exchange to open a shop up in Burlington? Because that would be awesome (not for my wallet but definitely for my closet!)

Kayla Rochelle said...

You look so fantastic in that Romper I can't get over it! And that bag? Sheer Perfection!

Frannie Pantz said...

I looooove your romper!

The Suburb Experiment said...

I think you look so dang cute in that romper - and that bag is pretty phenomenal. It's the kind of bag I always hope to find when I'm out thrifting - but so far years of searching and no luck!

Jenn

Unknown said...

This is the only way to do a romper. Way to completely rock this out!! Love it and love seeing how your style keeps evolving :)

Melissa said...

Cool! It sounds like you had a great time! I'm really glad you're enjoying this job - I almost called it your new job but it's not really new anymore, right? :)

You look so stinkin' adorable in that romper!

A said...

Oh my gosh, Kerstin Block! How exciting. What a great experience that must've been with her & NARTS there... that's awesome!

So glad things are going well. XOXO

Bombshell Beauty said...

Good lord, your legs go on for miles! And you're wearing the hell out of that romper. Kudos!

myedit said...

Certainly do have bag envy.

Vanessa said...

uhhh... yes. I certainly do envy that bag!
Sounds like a cool day with so many other thrifters, shoppers, etc. in town!

Emily said...

SO envious of that bag! :) It looks awesome with the romper.

mispapelicos said...

Loving your sandals and cool look.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unknown said...

I've met Kerstin several times in my career with the company and she is so inspirational. She also has a great sense of style, like your hip little grandma with a Swedish accent.

Amanda said...

I just found your blog...love your style and you are so beautiful! However, I really dont get the glasses....you a doing yourself wrong with the thick black frame.

April said...

ADORABLE romper. I love it.

ape-z.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your blog (I'm now a follower), your playsuit is so cute.

http://iammeggy.blogspot.com

xx

Laceface said...

cute romper!

<3lace
http://singalongforever-laceface.blogspot.com/

Ms. Falcon said...

sounds like you had some awesome days...
i still love your romper. so amazing.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I remember when you bought that beautiful romper! It looks fab on you! :)

Lindsay Living said...

What a fantastic bag and romper combo! Love it! I didn't know you worked at Buffalo Exchange! How fun. It must be great to see all of the wonderful stuff come in and have your first pick. Jealous.

Lindsay Living<a

A Day in the Life of One Girl said...

I love denim jumpers! So my favorite. This is awesome girl!