Monday, March 2, 2009

Old is New Again

Speaking of wearing things in a different way…I love this dress, but I tend to wear it with the same couple of things. My Alternative Apparel cardigan or a Temperly London for Target jacket I like. But the cardigan is in the hamper, and the jacket is in the dry cleaning bag. So I had to branch out.

March 2, Day 146

That’s the only shot I got of the blazer open. I had a long day and I just wasn’t thinking. It looks like I am brushing my hair back but if you look closer you can see I’m on the phone. I was talking to Alannah. (I always try and remember to hold the phone away from my face because if I don’t, I break out.) But seriously...how long are my legs in this dress? What's not to love?

March 2

I felt really good in the outfit. I felt stylish.

March 2

I’m wearing my giant Cicada earrings again, and missing my old co-worker Lucinda, who hated them SO MUCH. She had a code. If she hated it, she told me it was “Interesting”. If you are reading this and you still see her, tell her I miss her face!





Jacket, Vintage
Turtle neck, Steve and Barry's
Dress, Urban Outfitters
Tights, Target
Boots, Matisse
Bag, Steven by Steve Madden
Earrings, Chain Chain Chained at etsy

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a really well put-together outfit. The boots are a perfect touch. And I'm drooling over the bag lol!

Anonymous said...

I'm just starting to do dresses and blazers myself ... it's a great look. Especially here as that blazer fits you PERFECTLY.

A said...

That looks SO pretty and really polished. It's one of my favourite outfits of yours so far, I think! I just love that dress. Awesome~! Ha ha, I didn't know I called while you were taking pictures!

I have to hold the phone away from my face too--the moisturizer I use gets all over the screen of my phone and it's so yucky. (tmi~!)

Jane said...

Your legs do look long and very slim. I am soo jealous!

FutureLint said...

That's a great dress and I LOVE a good blazer and the color of that one is great! I was so excited when you ordered from my shop! It's a great dress, makes me want to picnic on the beach! It should be there soon!

Cammila said...

I do the same thing! I tend to think of a piece as part of a single outfit -- I'm always telling myself "Try wearing this with something else!" You look cute -- and I love the tailoring of that jacket!

Anonymous said...

You always have the cutest dresses!

Londyn said...

So stylish - and adorable!!!

Mervat said...

The whole look is complete! great improvisation!
Mervat.