Thursday, October 1, 2009

Can’t Dance, No Pain, No Gain, No Show

I meant to wear this dress on my one year anniversary of starting the blog, which was September 17th. I also meant to start a flicker set called “WWWYG Year two” because the current WWWYG set has over 800 photos in it. I didn’t do either of those things. But it’s still a great dress.

September 30

Look how much better my photos are!~ This is my first blog photo ever…

September 17, 2008

So bad. I'm in a CLOSET. You can’t SEE anything. I would totally wear the outfit again though.
But I didn’t. I wore this.

September 30

Guys, I am so hard core in love with this Forever XXI jacket. So in love. If I had more funds, I would totally buy a back up, I love it that much. I feel like there will be many days I have to force myself not to wear it, again. It looks great, it feels great, the knit is so soft and thick. Oh!~ Love it.

September 30

September 30

I really liked this outfit. It’s still technically too hot for me to be walking around in tights yet, but you know what? Lara does it allllll year long. I like that about Lara, she just does what she wants.

September 30

Fact; I love a vampire story. I don’t even care if it’s good. I am currently reading the “Vampire Academy” series which, despite the name, is actually really smart, and interesting and well written. I also loved the Twilight series, which, let’s be honest here, is some of the most poorly written fiction on the market today. But the STORY is great. I loved Anne Rice s a kid. I loved Dracula. I loved Buffy and Angel. I am just one of those kids, I guess. Which is why this appeals to me…

September 30

Oh my gosh, is that not to die for? So cute!~ The little jaw opens and closes. And the fangs. So cute.

I love this talon, but the 20” chain was not right for me.

September 30

I’ve discovered that 20” necklaces fall right at the top of my rack. Which means they BOUNCE when I walk. The rack, and due to placement, the pendant. That’s…not awesome. It is funny, but not awesome. So last night I put this on a shorter, 16” chain, and actually went ahead and switched it out to a gold filled chain and saved back that darker chain it came on, which is lovely. I’m wearing the result today and it looks really great. But the talon is gorgeous. It’s the perfect size and shape. Just a bit edgy without going over the top.

Dress, Urban Outfitters
Jacket, Forever XXI
Tights, Target
Shoes, Blowfish via Zappos
Vampire bite necklace, Charms4You at Etsy
Talon Necklace, Talonalia

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Gurl, I have been eyeing up the grey version of those boots for WEEKS and I've had to resist due to lack of funds. THIS IS NOT HELPING OMG.

yotababy said...

That jacket IS super awesome! And yes, it is kind of still too warm for tights, but I totally wore some yesterday too, cause I do what I want! Ha! :)

A said...

Wow, I never realized how much your photo skills had grown until you did this post! I thought those closet poses were totally fine but it makes a huge difference that you have larger, better photos now!

I love that you're wearing your hair down lately. I'm sure it's a pain/annoying for you but I think it looks amazing that way~!

Happy (late) Blog Anniversary~!

Anonymous said...

Shut Up! LOL I almost bought that jacket last night at F21 and now I am so bummed I didn't. =(

It looks FANTASTIC on you (and with that dress). Love this whole outfit!

Happy Belated Blog-iversary!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Clair said...

Oh, I love this outfit. I want one. The whole thing. Um.

BAM said...

Love the necklaces! The vampire teeth are too funny.

The pics are great too, what did you do differently in the last year for your photos?

Obviously, there were location changes, but did you upgrade cameras or anything?

-b-

gina said...

Awesome jacket! I love the little fang necklace. It's so cute!

I loved Buffy and Angel too. I just started watching Joss Whedon's new series Dollhouse on DVD.

Layla said...

Congratulations on the blog anniversary!! :)

LOVE this blog and constantly find myself asking 'Work with what you've got!' before buying new! :)
/works on the filing cabinets so far!:)/
So... just to let you know how INSPIRING this blog is! :)

Plus, I really want some of your clothes, gizmos & shoes, he he! :)

Anonymous said...

I can see why you're so in love - what a fab little jacket!

Kelly said...

In the time it took me to sign in, the vampire teeth charm sold out.

That's what I get for being a copier, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

if you have access to BBC America, you need to get your hands (or eyes) on "Being Human" -- the first season is now finished, and it it only like 6 episodes, so very easy to catch up on. and im pretty sure all of it is available via Comcast's On Demand.

basically, its a vampire (who happens to be a TOTAL hottie) and a werewolf and a ghost who are all roomies and helping each other through whatever struggles/crises face each...erm...species.

sounds kinda hokey, but i promise youll love it!

Tira said...

I love the jacket, I didn't know it was F21. I'm just getting into tights and it's love. I'm headed out now wearing olive green ones.

Londyn said...

Yes - that jacket is fierce! I just bought a couple things from ForeverXXI, but didn't see that jacket while I was shopping.

If I had seen it - we might have been matching!

C said...

Ooh, love the talon!!

just my style said...

Love the talon necklace...Congrats on the one year and YES, YES, YES, that jacket is awesome! You always look great...just wanted you to know because I suck at commenting and I always think...WOW she looks so good! Love all your jewelry too...and I will try to tell you all of these things more often!

Jess said...

How fun! Dress is still cute :)

Yeah, necklace bouncing is not good. Those fangs are too cute though! I would probably play with them all day though and chomp on people with them. If they move, you kind of have to.

Audi said...

Minutes after reading this post I logged on to Forver21.com and got myself one of those jackets. Totally not kidding.

Sheila said...

I love that jacket. I wish we had Forever 21 here.

Have you read any of Kim Harrison's vampire books? They are technically about a witch, but there are lots of vampires in them. They are very well-written and more for adults (i.e. sex).

FashionAddict said...

I think this could be one of my favorite outfits on you. The jacket with that dress and the ankle boots creates a great vibe.