Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gimme to the beat, all night dont roll

I had a traumatic Dr’s visit today. I’m not sick. But I had to do something I didn’t want to do. And I hate my insurance company.

Anyway, I wanted to look pretty, because looking pretty makes me feel better. So I went full-on girly.

October 13

I’m pretty stunning right? Loved this. As did my husband and co-workers.

As is typical, I was standing outside, taking pictures of myself minding my own business.

October 13

When Nathan walked out. I turned to him, mid-shot, as I almost always do.

October 13

“Come take a picture with me, baby”, I said. “No, I don’t look good”, he claimed. We went back a forth for a while, but he refused as he always does, and offered instead to operate the camera. By which he meant “take pictures of the faces you make between shots without telling you".

October 13

Thanks, babe. No, really. Thanks. Punk.

October 13

October 13

After my Dr’s visit I stopped and got some more DRY* soda.


It’s addictive. I got Lavender, Rhubarb and Lemongrass this time. If you can find it, you should try it. It’s not overly sweet and it's low in calories for a soda. I actually found a bottle of vodka in the freezer** and added a splash to the Rhubarb and it was perfection.

*Oh my gosh, last time I wrote about them they e-mailed me!~ Isn’t that awesome? So, if you are reading again, DRY PR department, Hello!~ And I love your soda!

**I had forgotten we had it, as we don’t normally keep liquor. Nathan picked it up once a few months ago for a party, as it is the polite thing to do to bring something to a party, but I was like “Dude, we are too poor to be giving people that bottle of vodka right now” and stuck it in the back of the freezer. I am not as good of a party guest when I am poor, I guess.

Dress, Old Navy
Sweater, Victoria’s Secret
Belt, Target
Tights, Target
Shoes, Payless
Necklace, Love Erin Designs

20 comments:

A said...

LOVE it! I am sorry about your un-fun doctor's appt. but I hope everything is okay. <3

You looked fantastic so I'm glad that made you feel a little better!

gina said...

Love the sweater and shoes!

Linda said...

I love that sweater, you are so cute!
Love the pucker face too....lol

Mary said...

I am love-love-loving the colors on that dress! Gorgeous!

Candycane said...

Gorgeous - love the colour of cardie!

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely beautiful! I love the vibrant colors in that dress.

I am so sorry to hear about your traumatic doctor's appointment. Those are definitely not fun! I hope everything is ok though. :)

Jess said...

What a pretty sweater! I love how it flares out under the belt.

It's important to stretch ones face out after all that smiling. Fish faces are key for such things.

WickedThrifty said...

purple and ruffly- woman after my own heart :D

Audi said...

You look gorgeous -- that purple color is just perfect on you!

Anonymous said...

Love that soda!

FutureLint said...

Oh my, I am in LOVE with the colors and print of that dress!

Unknown said...

I'm a sucker for a pretty print dress :) Love yours! Sorry about the Dr's visit. I hate dealing with insurance companies. I hand that job to my husband. He can keep a cooler head and mouth than I.

C said...

I love the back-and-forth with Nathan in your pics! Sorry your doc appointment was less than ideal. On the upside, you look just lovely.

Sheila said...

You do look lovely! I love that cardigan on you.

Leina said...

Visits to the doctor are never fun. But your outfit is fab!

BAM said...

Negatives needs to be outweighed with multiple positives.

Neg: Dr. Office & insurance
Pos: Great sweater, great outfit, great silly pics and great drink!

2:4 ratio! You win!!!

-b-

eednic said...

o hai!! i LOVE this outfit on you. i lovelovelovelove it! that dress is so pretty. that cardi is so pretty! that belt is so hardcore! LVE! plus an O.

jen said...

You look sooo pretty. I think you should be a talk show host, you are much better live than Oprah, and I know! I read your blog at lunch time and you have me laughing out loud uncontrollably every time. Love you Erin, thanks for brightening my drabby work days!

Russell Baltes said...

I adore that sweater! I've been admiring the VS Sweaters (the boucle ones) for so long, but wasn't sure if it looked tacky or not. Congratulations, it most certainly is not!!

kerri said...

I just came across your blog, and I love this post - what a cute way to causally dress a pretty floral dress. love it! :)