Friday, October 1, 2010

And Later On I’ll Cry My Stupid Eyes Out

Eh. I was not happy with how this turned out. I was excited because it was finally cool enough to wear this jacket that Nathan bought for me, but I had already planned the rest of the outfit. I should have taken a minute and reconsidered my options, and chosen something more suited to the jackets style, OR waited to wear the jacket until I had time to plan around it. But…I didn’t. And this was the result.

September 27

It’s not horrid. It’s just not my best effort, which is a shame, because I love the jacket. The jacket is ill-suited to the dress, and the dress and boot combo would have looked better with taller socks.

September 27

It’s OK. They can’t all be winners!

Jacket, Target
Dress, Target
Tights, Old Navy
Socks, Target
Boots, Target
Bag, LUSH fashions

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think it's a total miss! There are great elements going on! I love the socks over tights with the boots - that's pretty bold! Love it!

Small Time Style

Louise said...

I think you look great! I love that jacket xx

C said...

DEFINITELY not a total miss! This has got to be one of my most favorite outfits of yours.The jacket, socks, boots, dress (here, let me name each individual piece of your outfit)...it's all so damn perfect together!!

Collette Osuna said...

I love this outfit.....I think you look great with the shorter little socks..its a winner in my book..foh sho!!


Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Raquelita said...

I have to disagree with your assessment. I think this outfit is a total winner! I love the frilly, delicate dress juxtaposed with the edgier elements!

Justine said...

This is why we blog about our outfits. The camera really points out what works and what doesn't work. You still looked put together :)


Just Better Together

tinyjunco said...

i think it's pretty darn cute...you just look more 'cuddly' than you're used to (not so much your regular long, lean, elegant vibe). i'm always impressed when people can pull off multiple 'feels' in their looks. you could throw a dark belt on the dress, or a long scarf under the jacket collar, hanging down....but then i like to 'throw it all on'.

i really like that as a fall/winter look. (maybe i can dupe it somehow.....he he!)

Anonymous said...

like the lace detail on the bottom of the dress. :)

Sara said...

I actually really like this look. The toughness of the jacket works well with the frilliness of the dress.

I've been looking for a military-style jacket. I guess I should go to Target.

Be Styled