Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Boobs, Wendy

For Valentines Day, the Southern Fashion Bloggers were asked to write about Valentines themed accessories. Obviously I'm going to write about my newest Wendy Brandes piece, the Emoticon Heart Ring.

image_emoticon

Wendy posted a Facebook only sneak peak and sale before she posted about the new ring on her site or made it available in her regular store. I was the very first to order one. I just couldn't resist it's charm.

I've been using the "less than 3"* combination to mean "Love" for years now. When I first started signing off on email that way, my sister asked "What is this? What are you saying? Is it boobs, Erin ?" and I got a real kick out of that. In fact, I often still read it as "boobs, Erin" in my head.

Wendy Brandes Emoticon Heart Ring

The ring is stunning in real life as well. It is adjustable, so you don't have to know what size to order, sterling silver, so no turning your finger green, and has a really nice weight to it. I love when I can FEEL a piece of jewelry like I can this one.

Wendy Brandes Emoticon Heart Ring

I'm not saying everyone should run out and buy one. I'm not saying that because there is nowhere to run. So I'm saying click right over and buy one. Do it. You know you want to. It's the Jewel of The Month for February, so now is the time!**

Be sure to stop by and see what all the other Southern Fashion Bloggers had to say!

Penny Loves Charlie
Prototype Mama
Trashy Diva
Southern Belles and Beignets
Miss Malaprop
No(LA) More Chains
Slow Southern Style
Odelma Vintage
Style Cakes

*Hey! guess what? When I try to type the actual emoticon, Blogger says "OMG, your HTML is broken!" and refuses to post.

**Guess what else?. I was not compensated in any way. I just really like this ring. And Wendy.

12 comments:

Ana said...

haha boobs! That ring is super cute!

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

I really like that ring, and Wendy too! :)

I think it's funny that when you do a smiley face in email, it sometimes translates to a J in other email programs. I always think J, Allie and now will think Boobs, Erin!

FutureLint said...

Ha! That's super funny about the html refusing to let you put the symbols in! It is a super cute idea and ring!

Melissa said...

I will never again be able to look at the number three the same way...

estrella said...

For HTML compliance you need to write this --> <3

That's because the page is marked with tags beginning with < and ending in >, so Blogger thought you were starting a tag but not finishing it.

The ring is superb, somebody should buy me one!

A said...

If ever there was a ring MADE for you, it is that one! It's perfect.

I love the 'boobs, Erin' story, and now you've ruined me for life because I'm going to think that now too from here on out. Ah ha ha.

Rebecca said...

That ring is adorable. Wendy's jewelry is lovely, and I really should buy a piece.

Unknown said...

The perfect ring for V-Day! Thanks for participating Erin. That was fun, wasn't it?

Jessica Chandler said...

I do NOT remember the boobs thing, but I believe you because...well, my rememberer ain't what it used to be...
Ha! :)

WendyB said...

Hmmm...I wonder if I can do a true boobs ring

( . )( . )

Kristen said...

How cool! That emoticon always makes me laugh; my internet friends call it, "my ass wears a hat for you!"

JazmineKariss said...

Its gorgeous! yay no more green finger!1 :) that always happens to me. Do you know if it is available in gold?
-Jaz
http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com