Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 13 (26 + 10 + 20)

As has become almost a custom, I did not get dressed yesterday. We stayed in bed and watched “Wanted” and SNL and a slew of other things (OK, I got up and went into the living room and watched “Anastasia" on DVD for a bit. Nathan watched something with a robot fighter pilot that went bad and killed people. Justin Timberlake’s girlfriend was in it. It looked…not for me). But we did do the 6th Day of Valentines! This was the poem:

Day 6 poem

And I was like ”…….fix my hair? What’s wrong with my hair?” But I should have known nothing was wrong, he was just trying to tell me that he got me…

Day 6

AN INSTYLER!~

Oh man! So exciting! And how awesome is it that he remembers the one or two random times I must have said “Oh that thing seems amazing but way too expensive”? I’m not often dumbstruck by gifts but I was by that one. Just really amazing attention to me and what I’m saying. He is as close to perfect as you will find and I do apologize, but he’s mine and I’m not giving him up.

Of course, I got dressed today.

26 Grey hoodie sweater + 10 grey lace dress + 20 high heeled docs =

Day 13 (26 + 10 + 20)

That dress will, I’m afraid, be the thing I regret adding to the 30x30. I think I would have been better off with another top instead, but I will make it work!

Day 13 (26 + 10 + 20)

And for the Seventh and final Day of Valentines, the actual Valentine's Day gift…a super romantic and touching poem…

Day 7 poem

And a gorgeous necklace…

Day 7

The heart itself is a nice solid chunk of sterling silver. It has a lot of weight to it (but not too much!) And the dagger…

Day 7

is 14kt gold and removable. I suppose you could even wear it outside of the heart, but I’m not sure I own anything low-cut enough to do that. The necklace is designed by Bittersweets NY and Nathan purchased it at The Shining boutique in Dallas. They also have a blog you can follow (and I do!).


Hoodie Blazer and Dress, Target
Shoes, Doc Martens
Tights, We Love Colors
Bag, Fossil

24 comments:

Ana said...

Awwww, you guys are too cute!! I'm so glad you have such a wonderful husband!

I also love your lace dress! I think it works with the blazer. I think it would also look fun with some colored tights :o)

Rebecca said...

Have a great Valentine's Day. Your gifts look really fun.

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you regret that dress in your 30...but I love it! I think you look amazing and I have full confidence that you'll be able to remix the heck out of it!

Your Valentine's gifts are so great, I'm really happy for you.

FutureLint said...

That necklace is so cool! I've loved seeing all your gifts! I love the lace dress, make it work!

Ashley J said...

I love all the notes and presents, you have yourself a keeper for sure!

A said...

That blazer is so flattering... it kind of has a curviness to the cut that just looks amazing on you. I really love it! Also the colour of that dress is fantastic. I think every time you wear it, I go "oooh, what's this?" and then I realize I've already seen it on you. It just always catches my eye.

That necklace is amazing, and the poem made me teary! Go Nathan! Awww. <333

Chalkdust and Boots said...

Your husband is wonderful and you're lucky that I don't live in your neck of the woods because I would try to STEAL that necklace!

Rad said...

Your husb could write a manual on how to rock. What great and thoughtful gifts!

grace said...

That necklace is absolutely perfect. You're right--Nathan is a prince.

Tina said...

1) LOVE the stabby necklace.

2) You MUST tell me how you feel about the "hair fixer" b/c I secretly want one. Well, not so secretly now.

archives vintage said...

WOW! i am loving both of those amazing gifts!!!! espesh the necklace!!!!!

Kayla Rochelle said...

I hope you'll do a review on the Instyler! I've oo'd and aww'd over the infommercial so often I would love to know how it works! You are so lucky to have such a sweet husband!

Louise said...

Wow, what a great V-week you're having! You must let us know how the Instyler works. This painting made me think of your necklace:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62045897/heart-and-key-print-11x14?ga_search_query=heart&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5116306

Elissa said...

That's it. Nathan needs to spread his wife-loving advice to the citizens of the world. Maybe he should write a book or teach seminars or something. He rules. That necklace is amaze-balls, and I know you're gonna have fun using the Instyler.

I'm glad you included the dress! It looks great with that blazer.

www.dresswithcourage.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Valentine's Day tradition with us! It's nice to share things like that as a couple. Also, I watched Anastasia just last week!

Anja said...

You really seem to have the guy that comes closest to Mr. Perfect. Really lucky you and we other girls out there can only hope to find someb ody similar!!

The dress is so cute, hope you manage to remix it A lot!

Cara said...

I love the dress so I hope it surprises you!

Erin said...

Awwwww, that necklace is so sweet! And spooky, in the very best way :) Love it.

Angeline said...

OMG you HAVE to tell us how the instyler is. That infomercial is amazing.

Love the necklace. So pretty.

The Suburb Experiment said...

That's so sweet. I hope you had a great Valentine's Day.

My 30 for 30 is crashing and burning. My clothing is starting to go AWOL. Sad. Face.

Jenn

Katie | FashionFrugality.com said...

Can your husband please write you poems and give you gifts everyday? Because I am totally sad that we have to wait another year to hear more! :)

So sweet! Happy Belated Valentine's Day! :)

April said...

the poems are SO CUTE, I am LOVING all of the adorableness.

and that necklace is probably the awesomest thing ever.

ape-z.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

what did you think of the InStyler thing?
My room-mate has super curly African-American hair, and found it didn't work!

Mode Plus said...

I'm broswing for inspiration to continue 30x30 and wow, you're so well organised. And you have fresh outfits.