(If you are looking for today's 30x30, scroll down one post)
Friends make Blogging more fun. Tina and I last winter.
Today for Friend Friday, Katy asks:
1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
I participate in the things I participate in for tons of reasons. Sometimes it just SOUNDS FUN. Sometimes it presents a learning opportunity. Sometimes it's being spearheaded by a friend and I just want to throw my support her way. The reasons I don't do things are just as varied. For instance, I'm not participating in Andie's Go Red for Women, not because I don't care, but because I don't really have much red in my wardrobe (or by extension in my 30x30. I try not to participate in things I think will be more stressful than valuable, and I never participate in ANYTHING that doesn't seem like fun.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
Not yet. I doubt I will. I'm too lazy to do anything I don't want to do.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
I've never participated in anything that really called for anything other than each bloggers own take. That's what is so amazing about bloggers challenges and groups. All they are really asking you to do is be you.
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
Do I feel like it? Do I have the means to participate? (I don't ever want to buy something just for a challenge.) Does it seem fun?
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something
worthwhile but not your style?
Commenting, retweeting links when they are featured or guest bloggers, emailing and just letting them know I am proud of them.