Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears

So on Friday it was REALLY cold. For Dallas anyway. We went to see Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears play. They were awesome, as per usual.

Nov 21

I love scarves, and scarf weather, but I hate the fact that you have to give up necklaces to wear them. Maybe that’s just me, but every time I try and wear a necklace and a scarf at the same time, the necklace gets caught on the scarf and tries it’s best to destroy the scarf. I have TONS of these longs, pretty scarves from Target, but I think most of them are in storage, so for now I just have this one and the mark scarf.

Nov 21

These gloves are GREAT because I remembered to buy before it got cold. Normally I forget about gloves until it’s already super cold and by the time I think of it, they are all sold out of smalls at Target. And I have tiny hands. And you know I am too lazy and cheap to look anywhere else. So I’ve been making due with a dark brown pair for years. And I hate dark brown gloves with a black jacket, so most of the time I just went without. But I got these back in September or so, when they very first put out cold weather stuff.

Nov 21

LOVE this bag. Got it at Goodwill for a DOLLAR. It’s vintage leather, from the first time studs were in style. It’s the perfect size for a “going out” bag too. I can get the blackberry, camera, gloss and keys in there and still have room to store the gloves.

Nov 21

I love these earrings. I’ve worn them 3 out of the past 5 days I think. I have a silver version available in the etsy store, but mine are gold.

Nov 21

Overall I was really pleased with this outfit. All the layers kept me warm in the car and outside as well as the club, but when it got crowded, I was able to take of the gloves, jacket, and cardigan and I still felt comfortable but cute.

Jacket, Bona Drag
Tee, American Apparel
Cardigan, Alternative Apparel
Scarf, Target
Jeans, Dear at Steve and Barry's
Boots, Vintage
Bag, vintage, thrifted
Gloves, Target
earrings, Love Erin Designs at etsy

8 comments:

Katie Keisler said...

You look AWESOME. I LOVE this outfit!!

Katie

eednic said...

When are you gonna add me!??! Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhhh???!?!

http://eednic.blogspot.com

Nana Erin said...

CINDEEDEE! I so already added you. XOXO

Suz said...

It was good seeing you at the show Friday night. I LOVED that scarf!

yotababy said...

You are going to have to teach me how to wear scarves some time. Somehow I just don't get it--they always look so weird on me!

And meh. I'm still so sad that we didn't make it out. What a crazy day it was. :(

eednic said...

oh.

derka derka.

bakka lakka dakka!

Kasmira said...

I often have the same problem with scarf-necklace tangles. Even worse, is the dangly earring-scarf conflict. I think I've nearly ripped earrings through my lobes when I didn't realize they were hooked to my scarf.

I'm totally jealous of your tiny hands. I have wide hands and thick fingers. Sometimes, I have to wear a size Large glove and it makes me feel like some kind of monster.

A said...

I wish you had a close-up of that scarf--it looks so pretty but I can't quite see the pattern.

I am trying scarves this year for the first time. They intimidate me greatly (do you wear them all day? I can't master that concept). I have some pretty ones that I've at least tried out, even if I take them off as soon as I get to work.

Anyway... glad the show was great & you looked fab & stayed warm!