Monday, May 7, 2012

Got That Summertime, Summertime Sadness

When I travel, I find it really helps me pack if I preplan outfits. I like to take pictures with my phone that I can reference while on my trip if I need inspiration or want to remember a particular outfit. The thing is, while it helps me pack, and makes me feel confident I'll be able to find something fun to wear each day...I rarely wear anything I planned exactly as planned. In fact, I preplanned 4 outfits for Austin Psych Fest, but I didn't wear a single one of them exactly as intended, even though they are fabulous outfits as planned.

Untitled
The very DAY we got to Austin I found an amazing cowboy boot inspired pair of Gianni Binni ankle boots at the Buffalo Exchange for $14.50 ($14.50! For leather ankle boots!), which I wore instead of these clog boots with this outfit. Plus I bought a necklace and Stevie gifted me a necklace and I wore both of them with this.





Untitled
I LOVE this outfit and plan to wear it soon, but I didn't wear it on the trip, because I ended up buying an amazing 1990's fit and flair floral maxi Lelaina Pierce would have been so proud of and it looked amazing with my fringe leather vest and new ankle boots, so I wore that instead.

Untitled
I swapped the leather shorts for jean shorts and wore this on the drive out and first day. I bought an amazing lightweight Guatemalan blanket coat on the way there at Style Station and wore that the rest of the day instead of the leopard kimono.

Untitled
I didn't wear this at all. Instead I wore some shorts Stevie and I worked on shredding as a DIY project on the drive up. Stevie thought she had gone to far, but they actually came out perfect. I also wore a vintage Siouxsie and the Banshees tee Nathan got me last time he was in Austin and the Guatemalan blacket coat with my new ankle boots.

Planning for a trip is essential. You should know how the clothes in your bag work as outfits and you should have as many outfits as you know you might need, I always throw in a couple extra tees and a pair of jeans just in case. And never feel like you have to wear what you planned. Work with what you;ve got, but don't feel like a slave to the plan.

No comments: