Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pictures of You (TxSCC)

Every time I try to sit down and recap the TXSCC, I get overwhelmed. I hope those of you that were not able to make it aren't totally irritated at those of us who were just yet. The sheer volume of tweets, posts and pictures of the event must give you at least an inkling of how amazing it was for us.

Since I'm having trouble finding the words, I'm going to let the pictures I have guide me. These are by no means an exhaustive set. I mean, I didn't even really remember to use my camera much until Sunday. But they will do...

Friday I was driven to Austin by the lovely Elissa (who did not drive us off an overpass to our deaths even ONCE) along with Suze. We ate cupcakes from my favorite Dallas bakery, Society Bakery in the car.

cupcakes on the drive
Elissa, Suze and I eating car cupcakes

Friday night was the swap hosted by The Swapaholics. I didn't get a single picture! I helped man the registration booth with Rachel. She was so calm, cool and professional I had NO IDEA she was only 15 and invited her to a bar. And she was kind enough not to laugh in my old lady face. Thank you, Rachel. A group of us went out after the swap and sang Karaoke at a nearby Chinese food place. And I sang (and rapped) in public. That? That was epic, my friends.

Saturday we grabbed a bite and went shopping with Katy, Kyla and Jessie. We took pedicabs over to Gueros. Kind of. Our driver said he would get us as far up the very steep, very long hill as he could, and he made it! But he had some assistance.

pedicab


That biker in the helmet? He saw our driver giving it his best shot, grabbed the side of the basket and said "You can do this!" He then helped our driver make it the rest of the way up the hill. It was a hilarious and totally unforgettable ride. He dropped us off with only a few blocks left to walk in the sunshine and amazing temps, so it was no hardship on us!

Saturday night was the party at Bo Concept and I left my camera in the car. Maybe not the best move but I had a good time. Laurel finally decided to show up! Ha! I spent more time that I should have probably sitting around talking to just her and not networking, but I loved every minute. I bought an amazing fur collar/scarf combo from Lisa of Archives Vintage and an adorkable denim romper from Jessie's store, The Spice Rack. It was pretty amazing to not only score some really fun new things, but to support friends while doing so. I ran out of money before I got to Merl, but I plan to shop Clyde's Rebirth really soon, after talking to her about her upcoming plans for body harnesses!

Sunday I finally remembered my camera. Here is a small selection of the ones I took at brunch...

sunday brunch
Top Row: Penny and I, Amy and I, Kyla and I, The adorable and amazing Eric and Kelsey, Reiko and I
Bottom Row: Heather and I, Elissa and I with the lovely Krista (coming soon to a blog near you!), Kelsey and I, Katy and I


After brunch we headed to the conference where amazing amazing things happened for me. More on that soon! Also, Elissa live tweeted the WHOLE thing, an amazing hidden talent I didn't know she had so please go check out her feed!

the conference
Top Row: Kendi, me and Bryan, LIFE CHANGER Betsy (more on that to come!) with me and Turi from Modcloth, The amazing Pamela and I (wearing a blouse from her shop, Market Publique I scored at the swap), my sweet girl Elissa and me, The Longevity panel with Kyla and Katy and Jennine, Jennine and I (she. was. amazing you guys. AMAZING.)

Sunday night was dinner and the Etsy party! I know there have been a lot of links so far, and I'm not saying you have to click them all, but I might be saying you SHOULD! (I've been writing for a couple hours now though, so if I already linked to a blog above, I'm going to skip it below.)

sunday night

Top Row: The first picture is dinner with me, Erica, and Heather on the top row and the bottom row is Elissa, Laurel and Reiko. The second pic is Elissa, Laurel and I. MORE Elissa and I, what can I say? We love each other.
Bottom row: Jessie, Rachel, Indiana and me. Blogger topknots and geeky glasses on Jessie and me! Adam, me and Punky, Elissa, Laurel and me.


An amazing near-the-end group shot...

group

Indiana, Kendi, Jentine, Jessie, Rachel, Stephanie from Lulu's, and Punky
Jen, me, Emily.

And last but not least, when I was home and cleaning off my camera, I found a couple surprise shots left by Adam and Punky. THANK YOU, guys. It totally made me laugh and gave me the warm fuzzies to think of you guys taking them...

gift

Every one, every single person I met was amazing. How often does that happen? Basically never, really. But it did last weekend, and I am forever grateful to Indiana and Grechen for organizing everything.

24 comments:

Tabitha said...

I love reading everyone's stories and seeing everyone's pics. Glad you had so much fun.

A said...

Oh my gah, it sounds incredible. By the way, every time I hear "pedicab", instead of just thinking of how it probably means 'a cab that is pedaled', I think of y'all getting pedicures as you are carted to and from places. I can't shake that image!

I am so excited to hear about whatever amazing thing happened to you there too! Eeeee!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the pics! I was a bad blogger and only took a few dozen pics. Next time? Rapid fire shots for days on end. Nobody will be safe. :)

PS: I'm sure I've said it before but I'll say it again - I'm SO glad I got to meet you last weekend and I'm super excited to see what kind of trouble we'll get into with the DFWBN. :)

Sabrina said...

keep all the pictures and recaps coming, I love hearing all your stories. I am living vicariously through your posts and kicking myself for not going.....

Can't wait to hear the BIG news.... I am sure you totally deserve it and more :)

Ms. Falcon said...

wow, so amazing to hear your stories about this event...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your recap of the event! I was there as well, but unfortunately, I left my camera at my hotel. However, it looks like you had a lot of fun!
I'm following!
http://scarletletterstyle.com

Haute Muslimah said...

What an amazing post! Rachel was soo cool :)
And I barely took any photos until Sunday either!
I can't wait til next year!

Tanvi said...

You brought back good memories from last weekend!!! It has already been a week. Can;t believe it.

You really said it in the best possible way Every one, every single person I met was amazing. How often does that happen? Basically never, really. But it did last weekend, and I am forever grateful to Indiana and Grechen for organizing everything. I couldn't have agreed more. Glad to have met you. Unfortunately didn't get a pic with you. Ah, next time! Looking forward to knowing you more now...

Tanvi
from © tanvii.com

TrophyBoutique said...

I kind of hate myself for loving on the txscc so hard. I mean, a lot of people didn't come, and I feel bad about that. But next year. EVERYONE has to come. As long as you promise to not network and just talk to me the whole time again. I heart you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garnerstyle said...

I def. understand about being overwhelmed with blogging about #txscc..it is so much to cram into a small post.

You look adorable the whole weekend. My favorite was the bun & sequins shirt...fabulous all the way.

GFS said...

I love me some Erin!

Collette Osuna said...

Sounds great hunnie....love the pics and the cute little stories behind them....glad you had a nice time:)

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

He Erin,
I wanted to let you know that I just did a post on my SA shopping trip to Buffalo Exchange! We had such fun...great place!

MaybeThisDoor said...

I so get the hard to recap the experience that was TxSCC. I posted my first recap last night and it was soo hard! I took the break it down approach.
I'm lovin the picture of us. The pic I had from my camera came out wonky. Do you think you could send a copy to me? MaybeThisDoor(at)hotmail (dot) com

Natalie Garza said...

I know what you mean. It's too hard to express in words how cool it was meeting everyone in person! I cannot wait for next year. Hopefully by then, I'll have put everything I learned last week to use.

Anonymous said...

This is SUCH a wonderful recap, Erin! Thanks for spending the time to share it :) I already can't wait for next year!!!

http://snappycasual.tumblr.com

[SMASH] said...

Very cool event. You were there with some of my other fave bloggers. :) Neat to see you all together!

Kyla said...

This is such a great recap! I LOVE the photos of the pedicab. I have never felt so lazy in my entire life!

Erin said...

Okay, it's official. I either need to move to Texas, or MN needs to plan an event just like this one. Hey MN! Let's do this thing!

jenloveskev said...

What a super fun weekend! It wouldn't have been the same with out you!! So glad to have met my dear!

Homebody said...

Hey, I saw the picture in this article and thought, "They're copying Erin's hair and glasses!" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12802494

Thanks for posting, even though you're busy with your new job. I always enjoy your blog!

C said...

I can't tell you how totally bummed I am that I missed all this fun.

Punky said...

aww, I love this recap. I miss our txscc friends. Lets all go back right now!!!