Monday, March 7, 2011

Spice Up Your Life!

Are you tired of hearing about work yet? I swear I don't mean to bore you but it's so exciting to enjoy my work after all these years trapped in an office! So I've gotten a bit of training behind the buy counter and it's totally fascinating. And I'm really enjoying all the personal interaction. Our customer base is by and large really friendly and I love talking to them. My feet hurt less each day, and the time! It goes so much faster. I'm not saying I never look at the clock, I do. But I don't check it more than once an hour (until that last hour!). I'm busy, and moving and engaged in The Now.

I wore a painfully adorable outfit yesterday, but I choose dinner and drinks with Elissa and Tina over pictures last night. I'm sure you agree I made the right choice!

March 7

Today I went a little more casual but you know what was exciting? Being able to wear my Spice Girls tee shirt to work!

March 7

I love that tee shirt. That was the BEST concert. Maybe not the most outstanding musically, but as far as dreams coming true? Winner. Hands down.

March 7

I'm wearing my awesome new watch by TIKKR, a sponsor of the TxSCC who generously sent one to several of the attendees.

March 7

And these gorgeous earrings Elissa scored on sale and got for me...

March 7

I'm soooooo far behind on reading your blogs and I miss it so much. I know I'll get it figured out soon and my schedule will even out but that has honestly been the hardest part. The good news is I'll see so many of you this weekend! I CAN'T WAIT!~

Tee, Spice Girls concert
Jeans, Target
Jacket, McQueen for Target
Boots and bag, Buffalo Exchange
Watch, courtesy of TxSCC and TIKKR
Earrings, Gift from Elissa

25 comments:

A said...

It makes me so happy to see that shirt on you! I think of us every time I wear it, and I agree, best concert ever. <3 Maybe Kylie will top it, but I don't know...

I love hearing about your awesome job and how much you love it. It makes my heart happy.

That outfit is amazing! So much love.

XOXO

TrophyBoutique said...

I can't wait to see you! I hope all the out-of-towners don't get the impression that all of Austin is the 2nd street district, because that's actually my least favorite part of austin (don't tell). It's gonna be so fun! You look cute in the TIKKR watch! I look like kind of weird with it on, but does that stop me from wearing stuff, ever? No.

WendyB said...

Wow, I love the looooooong earring.

Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

It's so great to hear you so happy!!!

JazmineKariss said...

Loving this girly grunge look <3
-Jaz
http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

Tabitha said...

This outfit is #winning! :) I love those Tikkr watches - have so much fun at the conference. So jealous!

Elissa said...

I cannot believe you get to wear that tee shirt to work. That's amazing. And I bet you were still not the most casually-dressed employee there.

Yeah, so is it bad that I keep buying you presents? What can I say, I believe in spreading the love. I can't help myself. You're worth it.

www.dresswithcourage.com

annogus said...

I saw the title of this post and thought, "man, wouldn't it be awesome if she were referencing the Spice Girls? She's probably not..."

and then the greatness that is that tshirt. I salute you. :)

Vanessa said...

Your style is so uniquely yours! I love the accessories and the Spice Girl tee. It sounds like you're having a great time at work. It's so good when you love what you do!

myedit said...

I love hearing about your job and your happiness is contagious. And Spice Girls to work? Win-win.

Collette Osuna said...

The outfit is FAB!!!! Love the earrings..so happy you are liking your new job....that makes all the difference in the world:)
Good for you...and fro non achy feet:)


Stop by and say Hello♥
Statements in Fashion Blog♥

FutureLint said...

I love the tee (and totally went to a Spice Girls concert, in full Ginger Spice costume, when I was 16? 17?) Loved it! That watch is so cool and modern!

HollyDolly said...

o.m.g I love that you are wearing that tee! So incredibly fun :)

Holly
http://hollykeenan.tumblr.com

jesse.anne.o said...

I would have paid good money this morning to be able to show up in jeans and a concert t-shirt this morning! Gah!

I'm thrilled that you're thrilled with your new job! I had no idea you were even thinking about leaving you old one and I thought I read all your posts!

Juanette said...

I need to come visit you I haven't been there in forever!

Brooke Brown said...

love that watch! i just discovered your blog - your style is unique and great.

www.keepfashion.wordpress.com

Natalie Garza said...

LOVE that shirt. It brings back good memories. I can't wait to meet you at the TSCC this weekend! Save travels!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad your job is going so well for you! YAY!!!

And I'm way behind on reading too. It's stressful to get behind!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

C said...

Spice GIRLS!!!!! Yes.

So glad everything is going so awesome at work, and I'm still so bummed I won't be in Texas this weekend to meet and party with you. :-(

Kimi said...

This makes me think I could possibly get away with wearing my vintage NKOTB tee on any random day, and not just at the upcoming concert in July. Thanks for the inspiration!

Erin Girard said...

Ah, Spice Girls and the hair pouf and the minimalist watch - LOVE!

Jessie @ Style and Pepper said...

ummmmm, you wore those pants yesterday and what these darling outfit photos do not show is that, those pants? they make your booty look AMAZING. just thought you should know. :) miss you already!!! XOXO

Haute Muslimah said...

Gah! love your hair in this one!
It was so nice meeting you!

Lindsay Living said...

I was a serious Ginger Spice fan back in the day. I even convinced my family to drive all over town to find the Ginger Spice Barbie Doll. Whoa, Nelly.

Lindsay Living

Anonymous said...

Uh-mazing t-shirt! I looooooved (love still?) the Spice Girls!

--Caro
http://nofindersfee.wordpress.com