I’ve been given this award a few times now, by really lovely bloggers. And I’ve never actually followed through and posted “7 random things about myself”.
So here you go. Try not to fall asleep.
1)I have been married for 11 years to a wonderful man. There have been times when our relationship seemed seamless and easy, and times when it took a lot of work. When we met I was 19 years old. I was a child. I am 33 now, and I look back and see that we became who we are together, and although we are both very different now than we were, we remain very different than each other. (This manifests itself most clearly in our musical tastes. When we met we both loved The Smiths and Oasis and Gene. We still do. But now, Nathan enjoys really difficult, intellectual, hard to understand, obscure stuff. I enjoy the pop sounds of Girls Aloud, Ms. Spears and The Saturdays)
2)I have no children. And I’d like to take this opportunity to get on my soapbox and say that if you meet a 33 year old woman, and she has been married for 11 years, it is really, really not a good idea to ask her why she has no children. Think about it. Sure, it’s possible that she is childfree by CHOICE, but what if she isn’t? Just don’t ask. It’s really, really rude. And none of your business really.
/soapbox. (Also don’t ask WHEN or IF. Also rude.)
(Ummm. Sorry. I got really serious and cranky there for a minute. Ha!)
3)I love cupcakes. I live for cupcakes. Please send me cupcakes. I like pretty much all flavors but my favorites are vanilla and strawberry. Or champagne. This is a new flavor discovery, and now it’s like everyone makes them. And also coconut. Basically any cupcake will do though.
4) My next tattoo will be to connect the star on the back of my neck to the ones on my forearm via my shoulder and upper arm. It’s not happening anytime soon, since we are still a one income household. But I’m planning on it. After that Nathan suggested a cupcake. With wings. And a halo. On my upper back. I am not opposed.
5) I am currently totally and completely obsessed with Girls Aloud. I just can’t get enough (which is a Saturdays song*, I know, but they OPENED for Girls Aloud, see?). I have all of the DVDs** and CDs available as well as the recent singles boxed set. My favorite DVDs to watch are the Tangled Up Tour DVD and the Girls Aloud Style DVD which has most of the videos. (I have to change DVDs to watch Call the Shots and Can’t Speak French). I cannot wait for the Out of Control Tour DVD to come out. Mostly because I saw the Sky showing and they basically butchered the show as far as I can tell. So I am excited about the DVD. (My favorite songs right now are “Long Hot Summer”, “Memory of You” and “Singapore”. This will change next week.) If you have never seen them I would suggest starting with a you tube live performance. Live they are just wicked cool. They are amazing vocalists as well as dancers.
6) I love lol cats, but not real cats. I don’t HATE real cats or anything, but I am a dog person through and through. I just find that *pictures* of cats are cuter and funnier than pictures of dogs.
7) I love to dance. I am terrible at it. Just dismal. But I love it.
(My brother. Isn't he handsome?)
And there you have it. I am not re-tagging because I think you have all already done it at some point and if you haven't please do. I find these entertaining when others do them not matter how boring I think it might be when I do.
* I am aware it's a Depeche Mode cover.
**Ok, so I don't have Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud, but that's because Nadine did not participate. Girls Aloud - a Girl Aloud is NOT = Girls Aloud. Plus I hate that show, it's just dumb.