Friday, April 9, 2010

Struggle to Fit Into My Skinny Pants, Week 1

I honestly cannot believe I am showing you this.

Struggle to fit into my skinny pants

I think the bad fit doesn’t not translate well to pics, but those babies are squeezing me like sausage in casing. It’s not cool. I want them to feel good and I want no muffin.

I had Nathan take down my measurements and e-mail them to me this morning. This is what the e-mail said:

Waist: 30"
Hips: 39"
Thighs: 38.5"
Heart: too big to measure

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.


So. Progress this week. Not much. I got a stomach bug so my meal plan went sort of out the window. As did my exercise. But tomorrow is a new day and Sunday is a new week. So I am going to give it a solid go.

I did want to clear up a couple of things:

1. I do eat snacks. Fiber One bars or fruit mostly. Although I have decided that bananas seem to magically make me MORE hungry than I was before I ate them, so I’m going to try something else next week, maybe apples and a few almonds.

2. The “don’t starve yourself” thing. I got a ton of emails telling me not to starve myself. I promise I am not. But here is the thing. I’ve been overeating in a big time super serious way. Like, way overeating. That’s why I gained weight. I don’t tend to gain weight that easily, I have to mean it. And I have meant it this past year. So now I am not over eating. When I go from over eating to not overeating, I am going to be hungry. I swear I spent the first month I was on Weight Watchers hungry and I ate every little thing I was allowed. It’s just the facts. So have no fear, I am not starving myself.

How did you do this week?

Did you blog about it, if you did, let me know and I'll add a link to the post.


Struggling Superstars:
Linda
LaShaune
Rebecca
Jen (whose etsy sells the hairsticks I mentioned in the previous post!)
Lisa

21 comments:

Raquelita said...

While I'm not going to join in this for a variety of reasons, I applaud your efforts, and you ladies are reminding me to make healthier choices.

Good luck with reaching your goal!

Rebecca said...

I posted my skinny pants photo, and it's not pretty.

http://minnchic.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post.html

Leandra said...

I just found your blog but I'm very tempted to join. I lost 17 pounds last year on WW, but have gained back 11. :( For some reason I can't seem to get motivated to lose it again.

I hear you on the bananas, but for me it's apples. I cannot eat those as a snack because I wind up starving!

Leah Harrison said...

I have no idea what my measurements are and only a vauge impression of what my current weight is. I sorta refuse to weigh myself because I hate getting on the scale...

This week I went jogging twice. I need to modify my eating habits better. I have no self-control when it comes to sweets! I cannot even fit into my skinny jeans at the moment, so I applaud you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, ladies! I applaud you all for doing this and making healthier choices... I need to get myself into gear for that too!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

P.S. Aww and your husband is the sweetiest!

Jen said...

I'm in! I blogged about it earlier today, and it was ug-gly. http://lalalaclothes.blogspot.com/2010/04/fit-into-your-skinny-shorts-challenge.html

Our measurements are very similar, but I bet you're taller than me. I'm 5'4".

Rad said...

Ooh, I've been thinking about your challenge all week. I jogged 3 times, which NEVER happens, and I've been doing stretches and gentle yoga, and some of my mom's "ab" work outs. My food choices are all over the places, but almost all (except 2 lunches) home made and vegetarian.
Yeay for collective fitness goals!
And I'm rooting for your victory over the skinny jeans!

Linda said...

atleast you can button yours up there girly. I definately have a ways to go, but I know my body, it looks more drastic on me because of my 5'5 frame. We can do this!

Lisa said...

I just started today, you can see my post on my blog: http://knitteachride.blogspot.com

myedit said...

You guys are awesome!
And how friggen sweet is Nathan...

Unknown said...

Can I just say... I have never found a good pair of jeans. Even when I was twelve an had the booty you could bounce a quarter off! Don't starve... it's too hard (I've tried it). Consistency is the key. Totally not what any of us want to hear, but just being religious about exercise and eating well it's what it's all about. Doesn't mean we can't indulge sometimes... life wouldn't be fun if we were that restricted.

You look gorgeous in these pix!

Ana said...

You are SO close, I think you're doing great!

Shey said...

Well I have to say I'm much bigger than you on measurements hehe 33 on waist but I've been excersicing a lot, except Tuesday that I got knocked out by my allergy medications and stayed home and slept. The rest of the week I've been working so hard my body is starting to get sore, today I'm taking a yoga class cause my body needs some stretch. On the eating part I've added more veggies to my diet and for the last 2 days I have eating right.

Keira Lennox said...

I love that you're sharing this challenge and your committment to keeping it healthy. :) I really need to do this myself, and if I get brave enough, I'll join in. Kudos to you for being so courageous, and good luck!

The Dandizette said...

I've alot of respect for you for doing this, I've been feeling rubbish etc (own fault, over eating, no gym due to new job) and I know how hard it is to make those first steps, I honestly think you look great but at the end of the day it is how you feel.

Best of luck

x

Kathryn from Schoolmarm Style said...

I'll do an update on my blog soon, but my update is that I actually lost three pounds in the past two weeks! Hooray. Thanks for the motivation.

Stephanie N. said...

Kudos to you for posting this photo of your cute jiggly bits! I can totally understand simply wanting one's clothes to fit smoothly again, and I for one am not worried about you starving yourself. I love my body at whatever size, but having lost about 14 pounds over the last 6 months as a result of a happy lifestyle change, I can honestly say that it sure feels good to simply have my clothes fit so well again. And having less "stuff" to carry around makes my knees happier, and my dancing more sprightly. I wish you and your fellow Struggling Superstars joyful, healthy success in this endeavor!

stylenuggets said...

If it's any consolation even skinny people have some jiggly bits! I'm fairly skinny and I struggle with a muffin top too.

scarabee said...

I'm with you, but I have neither blogged nor done much, being out of the country and on vacation this week. Next week, for sure!

Alaskangal B said...

I have been on a weight loss kick since last August. I lost 50lbs, and then gained back almost 10. So gotta keep focused. Have not posted a skinny pic. But not sure what that challenge is about. I will go and look. I just got back from Spain, so been out of the blogging world. Keep up the good work. I will go check out the post having to do with this.=)

Cat said...

Thanks for doing this! Your efforts are inspiring!! I look forward to seeing your success! It's going to be great!

Take care,
Cat
http://typewriter.blogsome.com