I was given this award by three lovely bloggers, Just Another Wardrobe Experience, What I Would Have Worn, and Stumble Into Style a couple weeks ago and I have been very rude in being so slow to respond! My apologies ladies, and Thank You!~
I am supposed to tell you ten interesting things about myself. I don’t know about interesting, but here are 10 things…
1. I’ve been married for almost 12 years. In June this year. 12 years is a long time, and on the one hand I feel as if I have always been married, and on the other I feel as if it just happened. I can’t imagine life any other way. I love my little family of 2 (or 3, if you count the dog.)
2. I met my BFF on a Tori Amos message board sometime around 2000. Neither of us is really a big Tori fan these days, we appreciate her older work but her new stuff is not our favorite. We do, however, share a love of British girl bands like Girls Aloud, The Saturdays and yes, The Spice Girls. We saw the Spice Girls twice during the reunion tour, two nights in a row in LA and Las Vegas and it was the MOST FUN EVER.
3. I would give up satellite TV, the data package on my cell phone and new clothes before I would give up my Sugar Free Red Bull. I have one a day and I don’t know how poor I would have to be to give it up, but I have not reached that point yet and pray I never will. I would be a sad, sad panda.
4. I’m a handbag girl before a shoe girl, but not by much. I love a new handbag just a little bit more if only because handbags never make my feet hurt or give me blisters.
5. I love to read and even more than I love to read, I love books. I love the way they look in a bookshelf, I love the way they look stacked on the floor, I love the way they smell new, and the way they smell old. I love the way the pages feel. I treat my books badly. I shove them in my purse, I fold the corner down to mark my place and I spill food on them, but I love them.
6. I thought the iPad looked kind of stupid until I saw one in action. I take it back. Now I want one.
7. I’m a worst case scenario kind of girl. What is the worst thing that can happen? This is what I am convinced will happen. I am not saying you should try it, but I am not often shocked when things go wrong.
8. I love food. Oh man do I love food. I would rather eat out than just about anything else ever. And my favorite kind of food is bar food. Which is not good for you at all. Fried Pickles, French Fries with fancy dips, house made chips, Fried Chicken, Tuna Steak with onion mayo. These are a few of my favorites. This is why said skinny pants do not fit, FYI.
9. I love DVDs and I love movies but I hate going to the movies. It’s expensive, and you can’t go to the bathroom. Plus I have ADD and am hard of hearing so even one chatty person of text happy teen can ruin the experience for me. I tend to try and go on a weeknight a couple weeks after a film comes out if I really want to see something in the theatre and the experience is super stressful while I wait, hoping it will be a small, quiet crowd and I will be able to focus.
10. I hate outside and I hate camping. I hate all outdoor sports, yes even that one you think is really fun. I prefer indoors. And no sports.
I did a photo shoot this weekend with a friend and my husband. Here is a preview…
Oh my gosh I think that’s funny. The others are more serious, I promise.