Friday, October 3, 2008

I made a crepe!~

I had fun at cooking class yesterday.


We made:
• Aranchini (risotto balls filled with mozzarella and rolled in bread crumbs, deep fried)
• Avocado and Mango Salad (with oranges and grapefruit, so delicious)
• Chicken Vesuvio (potato wedges, chicken, and a lemon caper sauce)
• Crepe Suzette (crepes, with berries, orange reduction, and vanilla bean ice cream)


In the pic, I’m making a crepe. Everything was really good and we all had a really good time.
The chef was a Gordon Ramsey type, telling us what we were doing wrong all the time, but that was OK, they balanced it out with an adorable sous chef named Stefan, who was kind and flattering and who we all adored.

I’m so glad it’s Friday. I’m going dancing with my friend Danael tomorrow night, I’m really looking forward to it!~



These earrings were so affordable, and after lusting after an identical pair for $65 USD for well over a year, I was so pleased to find them.



Wrap Sweater, Alternative Apparel
Knit top, Mossimo at Target
Jean, Dear at Steve and Barry’s
Boots, GAP kids
Earrings, chainchainchained at Etsy http://chainchainchained.etsy.com/
Bag, Marc Jacobs

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that...ha!

I still really love those boots! And the cooking class looks really fun--I am totally jealous!

hello jamie: said...

I really love that sweater, and wonder if I'm too short to pull something like that off?

Oh ps> make me some aranchini when I come to Dallas in Dec.

Nana Erin said...

James. I swear I have not seen that look less than fabulous on anyone. And they have them for cheap at Amazon. Look for the AA "Stevie" wrap.

A said...

Are you using your tripod for these pictures? They look really good!

I didn't realize how many pairs of BIG earrings you had. I got you a pair in SF and debated because the big ones were TOO big but now I wonder if I should've gotten them! Ah well, too late. ;)

meanderingway said...

hmm. no butterflies yet, but i can make do with cicadas, i guess.

Mrs. Cole said...

Hello! I'm a new reader, and I love the concept of your blog. It's nice to see how you put together less than couture outfits that still look great! Of course, I'm immediately drawn to your Marc Jacobs bag, but the boots are totally cute too. I can't believe they're from GAP Kids. I didn't know they had sizes to fit adults.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Those boots are hot. I feel like I can learn to work with what I have.The $12 dress I saw was lovely too. I was wondering what store sell that.